*Previously posted on My Oil Business Blog
Everyone knows the struggle we face this time of year. Lack of sleep, lack of money, and lack of patience has us all in a tizzy. Never fear! You’ve got essential oils to get you through it. We’ve got a list of our 5 favorite ways to stay happy, healthy and protect yourself from the crazies during this holiday rush:
1. Grouch Spray – Carry a spray bottle on you at all times with this helpful blend. When a person confronts you with negativity (and should be added to Santa’s naughty list) just give a squirt into the air in the direction of the offender (if they get mad, say you passed gas). They’ll either change their mood or walk away – two acceptable options! In 2oz amber spray bottle mix 5 drops Lavender, 5 drops Sandalwood, 5 drops Wild Orange and top with distilled water. Shake well before each use.
2. Shop-A-Holic Boost – Feeling like you need just a couple more hours at the mall but can’t bear to think about it? Use your focus blend and roll along your spine and at the base of your skull. Apply before traveling to the mall. In the car (don’t oil and drive), drip some peppermint on a tissue and stuff in your air vent to get you energized and in the mood to shop till you drop!
3. Late Night Gift Wrapping/Toy Assembly Marathon Protocol – You better get ready! For energy, use in your diffuser: 3 drops Wild Orange plus 3 drops Peppermint. Make a tall glass bottle of water to have on hand keeping you hydrated and fresh with 8-10 drops of lemon per 16 oz of water. If you have lots of little parts to deal with, add some focus blend rolled on your feet or spine. And when you are finished, fried, and finally ready to hit the sack, dab some balancing blend on your wrists and temples with 1-2 drops of Clary Sage on your feet to help you sleep well and be ready for that early Christmas morning wakeup call.
4. Bills-Be-Gone (the stress and tension anyway) – You’ve marked the last gift off your list, now the reality of what you spent starts to set in. Yowzer! At the end of the day, apply balancing blend on your pressure points (temples, wrists, back of neck, feet, spine). Then run a hot bath. In one cup of Epsom salts, add 3 drops Lavender, 2 drops Roman Chamomile, 2 drops Marjoram, and 2 drops Helichrysum. Pour mix into bath and soak for 20-45 minutes. Cut this recipe in half for a foot soak.
5. Chocolate Makes Everything Better – To give yourself energy and a quick, pre-made pick-me-upper, make some Chocolate Almond Bars to have on hand for the whole family. Combine in food processor, 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 cup almonds, 1 cup pitted dates, ½ cup cranberries, 5 drops Wild Orange oil. Blend until it starts to clump. Pat into a shallow glass dish. Score into bars. Refrigerate for a few hours to set, then cut and put in an air-tight container. Store in fridge. Eat as needed!
Use those oils! Any time you feel emotionally charged, get your favorite essential oils out and apply. Good luck! We wish you a holiday that is oily, merry and bright!